Friday, October 17, 2014

As I am committing time each day to pray for the lost I am getting more excited about seeing God's activity on display in the lives of those that do not have a personal relationship with Him! Let's pray with power and expecting God to work! Here is another method of prayer that might prove helpful to you as you commit to praying for lost family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and acquaintances.
The "Six Questions" Method of Prayer Evangelism is designed to help you intercede for the lost through a series of questions. These questions deal with the most basic issues of life. By praying for these things, the lost person can be prepared to hear and receive the gospel of Jesus Christ.
(1) Why: Ask God to cause this person to wonder why he or she rejects Jesus Christ and His salvation. Call on Him to show this person the foolishness of rejecting Christ and of living life without Him.
(2) What: Ask God to cause the person to start asking the question, "What is the purpose of my life?" Plead with God to plant in his or her heart an urgency concerning this question.
(3) When: Pray that God will grant this person an emptiness of heart. Ask God to show them that sin and selfishness will not satisfy. Call on God to cause this person to start asking the questions, "When will I really be free? When can I find true peace and hope?"
(4) Whom: Pray that God will cause this person to doubt all the lies that he or she has concerning Christianity. Call on God to cause the person to ask, "Whom can I trust? In whom can I find hope?"
(5) How: Plead that God will plant this question in the heart of the person, "How can I cope with my problems?" Pray that God will grant hopelessness in the heart of this person. Ask God to show this person that he or she cannot cope in his or her own power or strength. Pray that he or she will be forced to look to God.

(6) Where: Call on God to cause this person to contemplate the question, "Where will I go when I die?"

No comments:

Post a Comment