Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Word from our Pastor...
I trust the week of Thanksgiving has found us spending some time thanking God for all He has done and committing to be much more faithful in the area of gratefulness in the year to come. I thought you might like some after Thanksgiving laughs so here are a couple of things I hope put a smile on your face.
After-Thanksgiving Poem - I ate too much turkey, I ate too much corn, I ate too much pudding and pie. I’m stuffed up with muffins and too much stuffin’ I’m probably going to die. I piled up my plate and I ate and I ate. But I wish I had known when to stop, For I’m so crammed with yams, sauces, gravies, and jams that my buttons are starting to pop! I’m full of tomatoes and french-fried potatoes, my stomach is swollen and sore, but there’s still some dessert so I guess it won’t hurt if I eat just a little bit more!
You Know You Overdid Thanksgiving When....  Doctor tells you your weight would be perfect for a man 12 feet tall. ~ Paramedics bring in the Jaws of Life to pry you out of the EZ-Boy. ~ The potatoes you used set off another famine in Ireland. ~The "Gravy Boat" your wife set out was a real 12’ boat! ~ You receive a Sumo Wrestler application in your e-mail. ~ You set off 3 earthquake seismographs on your Friday morning jog . ~ Pricking your finger for cholesterol screening only yielded gravy. ~ A guest quotes a Biblical passage from "The Feeding of the 5000." ~ You consider gluttony your patriotic duty. ~ Representatives from the Butterball Hall of Fame called twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment